Stephen Ross, Andrew Yolles, and Natalia Sheikh have written a detailed paper called “Government Liability: Tension Between the Legislature and the Courts“. It addresses the following issues:
- History of Crown Liability;
- Jurisdiction & Framework for Statutory Causes of Action Against Government Entities;
- Private Law Duty of Care;
- Enactment of the Crown Liability and Proceedings Act; and
- Early Interpretation of the Crown Liability and Proceedings Act
The paper is a very helpful resource for those bringing and defending claims against the Crown.