Stephen G. Ross
Passionate Leader. Advocate. Mentor. Problem-Solver.
Assistant Contact Information
Assistant: Jackie Galvin
Law Clerk Contact Information
Law Clerk: Maryam Lenz
Stephen’s practice involves civil litigation matters related to insurance law, the defence of personal injury actions, and medical legal issues. In particular, he focuses on serious injury and wrongful death claims, insurance coverage advice and disputes, as well as cases at the appellate court level. Indeed, Stephen has argued a number of leading appellate cases, including decisions on expert evidence, demonstrative evidence/surveillance as well as collateral benefits interface issues.
Stephen is a widely published author in a variety of legal matters including recent commentaries on: appellate advocacy, conflicts of law, collateral benefits, government liability, and on summary judgment in the post Hryniak world.
Stephen is frequently asked to chair and/or present at leading CPD conferences, including those coordinated by the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Bar Association and The Advocates’ Society. Stephen is committed to the teaching and mentoring of young lawyers, both at the firm and within the profession at large.
Stephen is a past president of the Insurance Law section of the Ontario Bar Association and he chaired a special Joint Insurance Committee that was established to provide advice on legislative reform to the Ontario government. Stephen presently sits as a Director on The Advocates’ Society Board of Directors for the 2019-2023 term.
Stephen has been consistently recognized for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Canada, and Lexpert in the area of insurance law.
LL.B., University of Western Ontario
B.A., University of Western Ontario
Ontario Bar Association
Canadian Defence Lawyers
Toronto Lawyers Association
- Automobile Coverage
- Automobile Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Cargo Loss and Damage
- Class Actions
- Commercial and Social Host Liability
- Commercial Liability Coverage
- Construction Related Losses
- Cross-Border/Conflicts of Laws Issues
- Disability Insurance Coverage and Claims
- Employment Contracts
- Environmental Contamination
- First Nations Issues
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Institutional Sexual Abuse
- Insurance Professionals
- Loss Transfer and Priority Disputes
- Medical & Healthcare Malpractice
- Municipal Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Property and Subrogation Claims
- Sports & Entertainment Facilities and Events
- Statutory Accident Benefits Claims
- Workers Compensation
- Wrongful Dismissal