Brian Sunohara spoke at The Advocates’ Society’s Tricks of the Trade Conference last week on “Girao v. Cunningham: Lessons on Trial Practice and Fairness for Self-Represented Litigants”.
Brian wrote a paper in conjunction with his presentation. The paper covers the following topics:
- the use of joint document books;
- introducing evidence of participant experts and non-party experts;
- the distinction between section 35 and section 52 of the Evidence Act;
- whether the jury can be advised of an accident benefits settlement; and
- working with self-represented litigants at trial.
The paper can be found here.