Athina Ionita articled with Rogers Partners LLP before returning as an associate in 2021. Her practice involves defending insurers in areas including motor vehicle negligence, occupiers’ liability, product liability, and statutory accident benefits.
Athina earned her law degree at the University of Ottawa where she competed in the National Laskin Bilingual Moot Court Competition, was on the Ottawa Common Law team for the Canadian Client Consultation Competition. and was a case worker at the Employment Insurance Litigation clinic. She also was a co-chair and mentor with the Women in Law Mentorship Program.
Prior to law school, Athina received a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Toronto, with a double major in Biology and Health & Disease.
Outside the office, Athina enjoys being active, cooking and travelling.
J.D., University of Ottawa
B.Sc., University of Toronto
- Automobile Coverage
- Automobile Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Class Actions
- Commercial and Social Host Liability
- Construction Related Losses
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Property and Subrogation Claims
- Loss Transfer and Priority Disputes
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Product Liability
- Statutory Accident Benefits Claims