Tom Macmillan joined Rogers Partners as an associate after his call to the bar in 2010.
Tom has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal. He has a broad civil litigation practice, focusing primarily on insurance litigation on behalf of defendants and plaintiffs. Tom handles claims involving occupiers’ liability, motor vehicle accidents, statutory accident benefits, and property loss.
Tom also gained valuable experience with a myriad of commercial, privacy, and contractual issues as part of an extended secondment with one of Rogers Partners’ clients, the Canadian division of the world’s largest retailer of general and consumer merchandise.
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School
Honours B.A. Queen’s University
Canadian Bar Association
Ontario Bar Association
- Commercial and Social Host Liability
- Automobile Coverage
- Municipal Liability
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Product Liability
- Property and Subrogation Claims
- Sports & Entertainment Facilities and Events
- Construction Related Losses
- Automobile Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Commercial Liability Coverage
- Cross-Border/Conflicts of Laws Issues
- Disability Insurance Coverage and Claims
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Worker’s Compensation