Brian Sunohara has been a lawyer with Rogers Partners LLP since 2003. He has a broad civil litigation practice that involves most areas of personal injury and insurance law. Brian has a particular focus on occupiers’ liability and product liability claims, and on all aspects of motor vehicle accident litigation.
Brian has appeared before the Court of Appeal for Ontario and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. He has been lead counsel in jury and judge-alone trials. He has also been lead counsel in several private arbitrations and administrative tribunal proceedings, including matters before the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, the Environmental Review Tribunal, and the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
Brian is head of the firm’s committee on continuing professional development and editor of the firm’s newsletter. He regularly writes articles on the latest developments in the law.
LL.B., University of Western Ontario
B.A., University of Waterloo
Ontario Bar Association
Canadian Defence Lawyers
Toronto Lawyers Association
- Automobile Coverage
- Automobile Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Cargo Loss and Damage
- Commercial and Social Host Liability
- Construction Related Losses
- Cross-Border/Conflicts of Laws Issues
- Environmental Contamination
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Insurance Professionals
- Loss Transfer and Priority Disputes
- Municipal Liability
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Product Liability
- Property and Subrogation Claims
- Statutory Accident Benefits Claims
- Worker’s Compensation